Here’s how it works:
- Start with a base, like rice, quinoa, farro, couscous, or any kind of noodle.
- Top with protein, such as chicken, steak, tuna, hard boiled eggs, cheese, beans, tofu, or shrimp.
- Add some steamed or roasted veggies. Cauliflower, squash, zucchini, peppers, carrots, or a combination are all great.
- Top with salad greens, anything from spinach to shredded brussels sprouts.
- Drizzle with dressing or a sauce thinned with lemon or lime juice.
We did our own experimenting with the formula and came up with 2 variations of our own (check out the video to see what those combos look like):
Quinoa + hard-boiled egg + roasted cauliflower and bell pepper + baby kale + balsamic vinaigrette
Soba noodles + firm tofu + roasted Brussels sprouts and red onion + shredded red cabbage + carrot ginger dressing