Need a vegetarian recipe for Easter dinner? We’ve got you covered with this fast, creamy soup that has just a hint of curry spice.
- 1 orange
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen butternut squash
- 2 (10 oz) pkgs shredded carrots
- 1 (32 oz) pkg vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 pieces naan bread
- Zest and juice the orange. Place orange zest, juice, butternut squash, carrots (setting a few aside for garnish), broth, coconut milk, and curry powder into a saucepan. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 min., stirring frequently. Meanwhile, cut the pieces of naan in half.
- Remove from heat. Using a standing blender or a hand blender, purée mixture until smooth. Divide soup among 4 bowls, garnish with reserved carrots, and serve with naan.
This recipe becomes vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and lactose-free without the naan bread, making it a favorite everyone can enjoy.
- April 2017