This method for chocolate mousse requires virtually no cooking and is the perfect chilled dessert for spring.
- 2 (3 oz) bars 72% dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- Chop the chocolate finely and place in a heatproof bowl. Add sugar and ½ cup cream to a saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer. Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted.
- Pour the remaining cream into a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, about 3–4 min.
- Fold the melted chocolate into the whipped cream until combined. Place in refrigerator to cool for 10 min. Spoon the chocolate mousse into glasses or jars.
- S3 2017
- Calories 411kcal 21%
- Fat 32.4g 50%
- Saturated fat 20.7g 104%
- Carbs 25.6g 9%
- Sodium 15mg <1%
- 23.9g sugar
- 0.0g fiber
- 3.4g protein
- 60mg cholesterol