Kid-friendly mac and cheese gets an update with tortellini and rotisserie chicken. The chicken sneaks some extra protein into this easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 (20 oz) pkg Simply Enjoy quattro formaggio tortellini
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 (16 oz) carton fat-free half & half
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Kraft 2% shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 ½ cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook tortellini in boiling water for 3 min. and drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add half & half, salt (in moderation), and pepper. Whisk in half of the Cheddar cheese. Cook for 5 min. until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken to the Cheddar cream sauce and pour into a greased 9x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese on top. Bake pasta for 20 min. or until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown on top. For best results, allow pasta to rest at least 5 min. before serving.
- S4 2017
- take 5
- Calories 558kcal 28%
- Fat 24.3g 37%
- Saturated fat 12.1g 61%
- Carbs 47.3g 16%
- Sodium 811mg 34%
- 4.9g sugar
- 1.9g fiber
- 38.3g protein
- 96mg cholesterol