Turkey burgers make a great low-fat alternative to beef. Let guests choose their own topping: Cucumber Ranch Sauce or Spicy Peach Salsa (or both!).
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 ½ cups crumbled feta cheese
- 8 onion rolls, split
- 1 red onion
- Cucumber Ranch Sauce (see our recipe)
- Spicy Peach Salsa (see our recipe)
- 2 cups watercress
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey with ground pepper and 1 cup feta cheese. Season with salt (in moderation). Shape into 8 patties.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill burgers 6–8 min. per side or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- While burgers cook, toast onion rolls on edges of grill until warm, and thinly slice red onion.
- To assemble burgers, spread 2 tbsp Cucumber Ranch Sauce on 4 of the roll halves. Spread 2 tbsp Spicy Peach Salsa on the other 4 roll halves. Top 4 rolls with a little watercress, some onion slices, a burger, 1 tbsp feta cheese, and remaining roll top. Serve immediately.
Spicy Peach Salsa
Pit and dice 1 large, ripe peach. In a medium bowl, combine diced peach, 2 tbsp peach preserves, 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, and ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Cucumber Ranch Sauce
In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup finely diced cucumber and ½ cup light ranch dressing. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- S5 2017
- Calories 482kcal 24%
- Fat 18.4g 28%
- Saturated fat 6.5g 33%
- Carbs 44.4g 15%
- Sodium 778mg 32%
- 6.6g sugar
- 1.5g fiber
- 34.0g protein
- 103mg cholesterol