This lighter version of classic chili is adapted from the American Heart Association’s recipe.
- Cooking spray
- 1 (20 oz) pkg ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (12 oz) pkg bell pepper strips
- 2 (15 oz) cans low-sodium kidney beans
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 (15 oz) cans low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray. Brown the turkey and onion over medium-high heat for 5 min., stirring frequently to break up meat. Meanwhile, chop the bell pepper strips into cubes. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add the bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, beans, tomatoes and their juices, and salsa. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 20 min.
Offer low-fat grated cheese, fat-free sour cream, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, and chopped green onions as topping options.
- Game day
- Guiding Stars
- September 2017