Skip the time-consuming and heavy crumb crust of traditional chicken parm by simply browning the chicken in the pan before topping with sauce and a blend of your favorite Italian cheeses.
- 1 ¾ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Prego ® Traditional Italian Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 oz)
- Season the chicken with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned on both sides, about 10 min.
- Stir the sauce and 3 tbsp Parmesan into the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 min.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and remaining 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 min. or until the cheese is melted.
- Savory 8 2017
- take 5
- Calories 426kcal 21%
- Fat 21.3g 33%
- Saturated fat 9.8g 49%
- Carbs 9.8g 3%
- Sodium 967mg 40%
- 4.7g sugar
- 1.1g fiber
- 47.0g protein
- 134mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?