Easy on the eyes, these flavorful pinwheels also melt in the mouth. Serve them as a side or as an hors d’oeuvres with cocktails before dinner.
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- ¾ stick (6 tbsp) butter, softened
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (8 oz) tube refrigerated crescent roll
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Chop the parsley, rosemary, and oregano. In a small bowl, mix the butter, herbs, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a large sheet of parchment paper, unroll the dough, firmly pressing perforations to create 1 large sheet. Spread the herb butter over the dough. Starting from the short side of the rectangle, roll the dough up jelly-roll style. Using a serrated knife, cut into ½-inch-thick slices. (If dough is too soft to slice, refrigerate 30 min., until firm.)
- Arrange the slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 15 min., until golden brown.
- November 2017