Using salsa as a base for this chili is a shortcut for getting simmered-all-day flavor in a fraction of the time.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (16 oz) jar Nature's Promise Organic Chipotle Salsa
- 1 (16 oz) can vegetarian fat-free refried beans
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium kidney beans
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup cilantro
- In a large pot, combine the corn, salsa, refried beans, tomatoes, garlic powder, and 1 cup water. Drain the kidney and black beans and add to the pot. Cook on medium-high 10–12 min., until hot and simmering, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the avocado and chop the cilantro. Divide the chili between 4 bowls. Top with sliced avocado and cilantro.
Serve with tortilla chips.
- 15 min
- Calories 461kcal 23%
- Fat 7.2g 11%
- Saturated fat 1.2g 6%
- Carbs 79.7g 27%
- Sodium 1306mg 54%
- 11.0g sugar
- 23.5g fiber
- 22.2g protein
- 0mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?