This soul-soothing supper harnesses the power of ginger, salmon, garlic, and green tea to warm you up.
- 8 oz soba noodles
- 1 (2 inch) piece of ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups seafood or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 5 green tea bags
- 12 oz salmon fillets
- 1 ½ cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions
- Cook the soba according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the ginger and smash the garlic cloves. In a medium pot, combine the ginger, garlic, broth, and 3 cups water. Cover and heat to a boil on high. Remove from heat and add the tea bags. Let stand 3 min. Remove and discard tea bags.
- Remove and discard the skin from the salmon. Heat broth to a simmer on high. Add salmon and reduce heat to medium. Cook 3 min.
- Remove and discard ginger and garlic. Add the edamame and sesame oil. Cook 2-4 min., until edamame is hot and salmon is opaque. Season with salt. Divide salmon, broth, and noodles among 4 bowls. Thinly slice the green onions and sprinkle over soup.
Add a squeeze of lime juice and sriracha to brighten the flavor, if desired.
- January 2018