Don’t throw away that extra sauce! This sweet and tangy barbecue sauce also tastes great on burgers, shrimp, and pork.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Set wire racks in 2 large foil-lined baking sheets. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Lay on wire racks and bake 20 min., until wings are golden brown and cooked through, switching baking sheets on racks halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the ketchup, bourbon, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Heat to a simmer on medium-high and and reduce to low. Cook 10 min., until sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove wings from oven and brush with sauce. Bake another 5 min. Slice the green onions.
- Remove wings from oven and place on a serving platter. Garnish with green onions and serve with any remaining barbecue sauce.
- January 2018