Adding extra veggies to your diet is easy, and there’s no need to sacrifice flavor. Arugula adds extra vitamins while squash noodles cut the carbs.
- ½ (16 oz) pkg gluten-free spaghetti (or other non-wheat pasta)
- 1 (20 oz) pkg green squash noodles
- 12 oz ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup seasoned gluten-free bread crumbs
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups arugula
- ⅓ cup basil leaves
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, adding the green squash noodles 1 min. before pasta is done cooking. Reserve ½ cup cooking liquid before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper until well combined. Divide and shape turkey mixture into 1½-inch balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush tops with 1 tbsp oil. Bake 15-20 min., until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to a food processor, add the arugula, basil, Parmesan, walnuts and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. Drizzle in remaining 4 tbsp olive oil and pulse until mostly smooth. Season with salt.
- Toss spaghetti and green squash noodles with pesto and as much cooking liquid as desired. Divide among 4 bowls and top with meatballs. Garnish with additional arugula, if desired.
Brighten up the flavors with a squeeze of lemon, if desired.
- Savory 1 2018
- Calories 660kcal 33%
- Fat 31.7g 49%
- Saturated fat 5.7g 29%
- Carbs 69.7g 23%
- Sodium 369mg 15%
- 0.7g sugar
- 2.7g fiber
- 26.8g protein
- 116mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?