As this squash cooks, the spaghetti-like strands become sweet and tender. Switch it up and top with your favorite veggies of the season.
- 2 small spaghetti squashes
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) jar Nature's Promise® Organic Chipotle Salsa
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- With a small, sharp knife, poke the spaghetti squashes all over and place on a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave on 80% power 6 min. Turn squashes over and microwave on 80% power another 6-8 min., until knife slips in easily.
- Meanwhile, chop the cilantro and cut the chicken breasts into ½-inch chunks. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the salsa on medium-high until bubbling. Add chicken and cook 6 min., until cooked, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Halve squashes lengthwise and drain any excess liquid. With a spoon, scrape out and discard seeds. With a fork, scrape strands of squash from sides and add to skillet with chicken. Stir to combine. Spoon squash and chicken mixture back into spaghetti squash halves. Top with the cheese and cilantro.
- January 2018
- Guiding Stars