Made from only finely ground coconut, coconut flour is a great gluten-free alternative for chocolaty desserts.
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and salt until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the coconut flour and mix until combined (if batter seems runny, add 1 more tbsp coconut flour). Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or mini cookie scoop, drop the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Gently press the cookies to flatten slightly.
- Bake 12-14 min., until set around the edges. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack.
- January 2018