A few spoonfuls of ricotta cheese adds creaminess to this simple but satisfying broccoli pasta.
- 1 (16 oz) box rigatoni
- 1 (12 oz) pkg broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- Cook the rigatoni according to package directions in salted water. Cut any larger broccoli florets into smaller pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter on medium-high. Add the garlic and cook 1 min., stirring constantly. Add broccoli and cook 2 min. Add ¼ cup water and cover. Cook 5–7 min., until broccoli is tender, stirring twice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot and toss with broccoli mixture and ½ cup ricotta until well mixed. If pasta seems dry, add reserved pasta cooking liquid.
- Divide pasta among 6 bowls. Divide remaining ½ cup ricotta among bowls with a dollop on each. Season with pepper.
- Budget Friendly
- March 2018
- $10 Meals
- guiding star