Chopped jalapeños supply a rush of heat while canned green chiles add juiciness to this spicy burger. Leave or discard the seeds of the jalapeños depending on desired spiciness.
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 ¼ lbs 85% lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 leaves lettuce
- Thinly slice the onion. Brush a large grill pan with the oil and heat on medium-high. Add onions and grill 7–8 min., until tender.
- Meanwhile, finely chop 1 jalapeño and drain the green chiles. In a medium bowl, add ground beef, chopped jalapeños, green chiles, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine. Divide beef into 4 equal portions and shape into patties. When onions are done, transfer to a plate. Add burgers to pan and grill 3–4 min. per side, until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, chop the cilantro. Thinly slice remaining jalapeño. Into a small bowl, zest half of lime and squeeze all the juice. Stir in mayonnaise and chopped cilantro.
- Toast the buns, if desired. Spread cut sides of buns with cilantro mayonnaise. Top with 2 lettuce leaves, burger, grilled onion, and sliced jalapeño.
- Thinly slice onion. Brush grill pan with oil. Grill onions on medium-high 7 min. Cool.
- Drain green chiles and chop jalapeño. Combine ground beef, jalapeño, green chile, salt, and pepper. Shape into 4 patties.
- Thinly slice remaining jalapeño. Chop the cilantro. Zest half the lime and squeeze all juice.
- Combine lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, and mayonnaise.
- Heat a grill pan on medium-high and grill burgers 6 min., until done. Spread buns with cilantro mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, burger, onions, and sliced jalapeños.
- Savory Sunday S9 2017
- Calories 580kcal 29%
- Fat 36.9g 57%
- Saturated fat 10.6g 53%
- Carbs 28.9g 10%
- Sodium 531mg 22%
- 4.6g sugar
- 2.7g fiber
- 31.9g protein
- 102mg cholesterol