This slaw combines salty, sweet, and sour flavors in its Thai-style vinaigrette. Add some fresh chiles or sriracha to bring some heat to the party.
- 1 (about 1 ¼ lbs) flank steak
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 (12 oz) pkg broccoli slaw mix
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- Heat a large grill pan on medium-high. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Grill 5–6 min. per side, until cooked to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, and brown sugar. Add the cabbage, slaw mix, and cilantro. Toss until well combined.
- Thinly slice steak and serve over cabbage.
HACK Instead of mincing garlic for dressings and vinaigrettes, grate large cloves on a zester or fine grater.
- Fifteen Minutes
- March 2018
- 15 Minutes