- 1 ⅔ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 ½ cups Nature's Promise Organic Flake Coconut Unsweetened
- 1 (16 oz) container white frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. To a large bowl, add butter. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until creamy, about 2 min. Add the sugar and beat 1 min. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Slowly add flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in extract and crushed pineapple.
- Divide batter among cups in muffin pan, filling each about ⅔ full. Bake 15–20 min., until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely.
- Add the coconut to a shallow bowl. When cupcakes have cooled, spread frosting onto each one and then dip into the coconut to coat.
Turn them into bunnies
- Place 2 mini chocolate chips on each cupcake as eyes and a sugar pearl/pink nonpareil as the nose. With kitchen shears, snip marshmallows diagonally in half and dip cut sides in pink sugar or sprinkles. Pinch ends to form ears and place on cupcake. Break pretzel sticks in half and insert into cake as whiskers.
For extra coconut flavor, add 1 tsp coconut extract to the batter.
- S2 2018
- S2 videos
- Calories 637kcal 32%
- Fat 34.7g 53%
- Saturated fat 26.1g 131%
- Carbs 74.4g 25%
- Sodium 220mg 9%
- 40.3g sugar
- 9.1g fiber
- 7.0g protein
- 62mg cholesterol