Bring the trend of hot honey to your celebration with this glazed ham complete with a tangy mustard dipping sauce.
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles
- ½ tsp ground cayenne
- 1 orange
- 1 (7- 8 lb) bone-in spiral-sliced half ham (fully cooked)
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup dill
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the honey until warm and runny, about 30 sec. Into honey, stir the adobo sauce and cayenne until combined. Grate zest from the orange into bowl with honey.
- Fit a roasting pan with a rack and fill with 1 inch of water. Place the ham on rack flat-side down and brush ham with a third of the glaze. Tightly cover pan with foil. Cook 8 min. per pound.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard and 2 tbsp of reserved glaze. Set aside. Chop the dill.
- Remove ham from oven and increase oven temperature to 425°F. Using tongs, carefully remove foil. Brush half of the remaining glaze over ham. Return ham to oven and cook 10 min. Brush remaining glaze on ham. Cook another 10-15 min., until ham registers 165°F on a meat thermometer. Serve with mustard sauce. Garnish with dill.
For a festive touch, garnish the platter with orange wedges and sprigs of dill.
- March 2018
- Calories 383kcal 19%
- Fat 14.5g 22%
- Saturated fat 4.3g 22%
- Carbs 21.1g 7%
- Sodium 2136mg 89%
- 20.4g sugar
- 0.6g fiber
- 43.0g protein
- 129mg cholesterol