Juicy slices of steak and crunchy water chestnuts make this both lighter and tastier than takeout.
- 1 (12 oz) pkg gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 (about ½ lb each) thin boneless NY strip steaks
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup diced tri-color peppers
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Thinly slice the green onions. Trim excess fat from the steaks and thinly slice. Drain the water chestnuts.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 min., until browned, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl. To same skillet, add the peppers and snow peas. Cover and cook 3–5 min., until snow peas are tender, stirring often. Add the garlic and green onions, reserving ¼ cup green onions. Cook, uncovered, 2 min., stirring often.
- Add the tamari, water chestnuts, and reserved beef, along with its juices. Cook 1 min., stirring. Add cooked spaghetti and cook 1 min., until well coated, stirring often. Garnish with reserved green onions. Serve immediately.
Hit this with some sriracha for a big burst of tangy spice.
- S2 videos
- S2 2018
- Calories 399kcal 20%
- Fat 11.1g 17%
- Saturated fat 3.2g 16%
- Carbs 55.8g 19%
- Sodium 738mg 31%
- 2.7g sugar
- 3.3g fiber
- 20.4g protein
- 48mg cholesterol