No ice cream machine? No problem! All you need for this frosty treat is some ice, a few ingredients, and a whole lotta shaking.
- ½ cup coarse salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch table salt
- Toppings like nuts, chocolate syrup, or chopped fruit (optional)
- Fill a gallon-size resealable plastic bag halfway with ice. Add the coarse salt. Seal bag tightly and shake to combine.
- To a quart-size resealable plastic bag, add the cream, sugar, vanilla, and table salt. Seal tightly, pressing any excess air out, and shake to combine ingredients. Add quart-size bag to 1 empty gallon-size bag and seal tightly. Place both bags in bag with ice and shake so ice surrounds quart-size bag.
- Continue shaking vigorously for 10 min., until cream mixture has thickened and is frozen. Serve immediately or freeze for 30 min. for a firmer texture.
For customized flavors, fold in ¼ cup chopped fruit, toffee bits, chopped nuts, or crushed cookies after shaking.
- Fifteen Minutes
- May 2018
- 15 Minutes