Cooking your fish on cedar is a simple way to infuse your meal with smoky flavor. Bonus: no sticking to the grill grates!
- 1 large cedar plank
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 (6 oz) cod fillets
- 2 green onions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Rinse and soak the cedar plank in water at least 1 hour before grilling.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and black pepper to combine. Spoon 2 tbsp of mixture into a small bowl and set aside. Add the cod to the large bowl and gently toss until well coated. Refrigerate 15 min.
- Set grill to medium. Place the plank on the grill. Grill 2 min. per side. Place cod on plank, leaving excess marinade behind. Cover and grill 10 min., until firm and flaky.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the green onions. To serve, spoon reserved marinade over cod. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- May 2018
- guiding star