This simple soup makes an easy, but elegant first course or accompaniment to a sandwich for a hearty lunch.
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 (32 oz) container vegetable broth
- In a large pot, melt the butter on medium.
- Add the onions and cook 5 min., until soft, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 min.
- Add the corn and cook 10 min., stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable broth and heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 10 min. Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Divide among 4 bowls.
Garnish with chopped parsley, cayenne pepper, or a squeeze of lime.
- take 5
- S4 2018
- Calories 219kcal 11%
- Fat 12.9g 20%
- Saturated fat 7.5g 38%
- Carbs 26.8g 9%
- Sodium 1138mg 47%
- 6.3g sugar
- 2.6g fiber
- 3.4g protein
- 31mg cholesterol