Two Italian-American favorites—crispy garlic bread and eggplant parm—come together to make this one crave-worthy sandwich.
- 8 slices frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Italian-blend cheeses
- 1 medium tomato
- Preheat grill to high. Prepare the Texas toast according to package directions.
- Thinly slice the eggplant into rounds. IIn a large bowl, toss with the oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add eggplant to grill; cook 10 min., until tender, flipping once halfway through. Top eggplant evenly with cheese. Grill 2 min., until cheeses melts. Remove eggplant from grill.
- Meanwhile, core the tomato and cut into thick slices. Grill tomato slices 4 min., until grill marks appear, turning over once halfway through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide eggplant and tomato slices among 4 slices of Texas toast. Top with remaining 4 slices of toast. Serve immediately.
- From Freezer to Table Cookbook
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- June 2018