This salad truly has it all—from grains and lean meat to nuts and cheese. A tangy vinaigrette brings it all together.
- ¾ cup pearl barley
- 1 (20 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic butternut squash
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- ½ (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise thin sliced turkey breast cutlets
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 3 oz pecorino cheese
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 (7 oz) pkg butter lettuce blend
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a multi-cooker or electric pressure cooker, combine the barley, 2 cups water, and salt. Seal and bring to high pressure. Cook, under pressure, 20 min. Allow pressure to release
naturally 10 min., then switch to quick release. Drain any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, cut butternut squash into ½-inch chunks and add to a bowl, along with 2 tbsp oil, salt, and pepper. Toss until well coated.
- Arrange butternut squash in single layer on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 18–20 min., until squash is tender, tossing halfway through.
- Season turkey breast cutlets with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium nonstick pan on medium-high. Cook 2–3 min. per side, until slightly golden. Let cool slightly.
- With a fork, shred the turkey. Chop almonds. With tip of knife, roughly break pecorino cheese into ¼-inch chunks.
- In a small jar with a lid, combine ¼ cup oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Seal and shake until blended.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce, butternut squash, barley, turkey, cheese, and mustard vinaigrette until well coated. To serve, top with almonds.
- Calories 621kcal 31%
- Fat 35.4g 54%
- Saturated fat 7.5g 38%
- Carbs 52.9g 18%
- Sodium 555mg 23%
- 4.1g sugar
- 10.8g fiber
- 25.2g protein
- 22mg cholesterol