Gently poaching lean white meat in salsa infuses chicken with flavor, as well as keeping it nice and juicy.
- Cooking spray
- 8 small (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 (about 1 ½ lbs) large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup Nature's Promise® Organic Mild Salsa + more for serving
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro + more for serving
- 8 oz pepper Jack cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Arrange 4 tortillas on baking sheet.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin, flat cutlets lengthwise. In a nonstick 10-inch skillet, combine the broth and salsa. Heat to a simmer on high. Add chicken to skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 7–8 min., until cooked through, turning over once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, chop the cilantro and shred the cheese. Pit, peel, and thinly slice the avocado.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and finely chop. Divide chicken among tortillas on baking sheet. Top with cheese, avocado, cilantro, and remaining 4 tortillas. Coat tops of quesadillas with cooking spray. Bake 10–12 min., until tops and bottoms are golden brown and crisp, turning over once halfway through. Serve with additional cilantro and salsa.
- June 2018