A fun, lower-carb take on a lunchtime classic, this quick and easy recipe makes the most of ripe summer tomatoes.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups arugula
- ¾ cup Italian-seasoned croutons
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Cut thin slices off tops of the tomatoes. With small spoon, scoop out insides, leaving walls intact. Season tomato cavities with salt and pepper. Divide arugula among cavities of tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, pulse the croutons until fine crumbs form. Divide the chicken salad among the tomatoes, stuffing into cavities. Top with croutons and chives.
Save the scooped-out tomato and purée into vinaigrettes and dressings.
- August 2018
- guiding star