Swapping out water for chicken or vegetable broth when cooking any type of rice is a simple step to bump up the flavor.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups Nature's Promise Organic long-grain brown rice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium-high. Stir in rice and toast it until slightly golden, 2 min., stirring constantly.
- Stir in garlic and cook 30 sec. Add broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 45 min.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 min. Fluff with fork.
- Savory Sunday
- April 2018