Swapping out water for chicken or vegetable broth when cooking any type of rice is a simple step to bump up the flavor.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups Nature's Promise Organic long-grain brown rice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium-high. Stir in rice and toast it until slightly golden, 2 min., stirring constantly.
- Stir in garlic and cook 30 sec. Add broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 45 min.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 min. Fluff with fork.
- Savory Sunday S3 2018
- Calories 207kcal 10%
- Fat 3.8g 6%
- Saturated fat 0.7g 4%
- Carbs 37.6g 13%
- Sodium 40mg 2%
- 0.6g sugar
- 1.6g fiber
- 6.2g protein
- 0mg cholesterol