Cubes of chicken are doused with olive oil and spices before being skewered and grilled. The cool, creamy yogurt dip complements the slight char of the poultry.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 (8- inch) soaked wooden skewers
- Cooking spray
- 1 romaine heart
- 2 tomatoes
- ¼ small red onion
- 4 pitas with pockets
- 1 cup tzatziki yogurt dip
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks and add to a small bowl with oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine and thread chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Coat grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add skewers and cook, flipping once, 10 min., until chicken is done and reaches 165°F on a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, chop romaine heart and tomatoes. Thinly slice onion. If desired, toast pitas. When chicken is done, carefully remove pieces from skewers. Split open pitas and fill with chicken, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and tzatziki.
- Fifteen Minutes
- Savory Sunday
- 15 Minutes
- April 2018