This spin on the Greek tzatziki sauce combines the coolness of grated cucumber with the punch of fresh garlic. Scoop up with pita triangles or spoon over chicken.
- 2 large kirby cucumbers
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 cups reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Halve cucumbers lengthwise and scrape out seeds with spoon. Using a box grater, coarsely grate the cucumber. Toss with salt and let cucumber drain in a colander for 15–20 min. Press out any excess moisture, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Crush garlic with press. Finely chop dill. Add both to a medium bowl with yogurt, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Stir grated cucumber into the yogurt mixture.
- Savory Sunday
- April 2018