Lemon juice and zest add a citrus pop to this under-the-radar soup with chicken and Parmesan.
- 10 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup orzo
- ½ (15 oz) pkg stringless sugar snap peas
- 2 lemons
- ½ (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Baby Spinach
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring broth to a boil on high. Add orzo, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10–12 min., until orzo is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice sugar snap peas. Grate 2 tsp lemon zest and squeeze ¼ cup juice from lemons.
- When orzo is cooked, in batches, stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in sugar snap peas, chicken, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Simmer 2–3 min., until sugar snap peas are tender. Divide soup among 4 bowls. Garnish each with some lemon zest and Parmesan.
- Savory Sunday S3 2018
- Calories 592kcal 30%
- Fat 22.2g 34%
- Saturated fat 7.5g 37%
- Carbs 43.9g 15%
- Sodium 1745mg 73%
- 5.4g sugar
- 4.3g fiber
- 52.8g protein
- 109mg cholesterol