The Honeycrisp apple in these cookies lives up to its name, lending a bright sweetness to these gluten-free treats, which make a great snack.
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment. Coarsely grate the apple.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, with hand mixer or standing mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and extract until smooth. Beat in the apple. Add dry ingredients and beat until well combined and dough comes together (dough will still be somewhat crumbly).
- With small cookie scoop or by heaping tablespoons, scoop and tightly roll dough into balls until they hold together. Place on lined cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Press to flatten. Top each with some sliced almonds.
- Bake 15 min., switching racks halfway through. Cool cookies on sheets on wire racks.
- In Season
- September 2018
- Guiding Stars