A sauce rich in ginger livens up a simple dish of chicken and rice.
- 4 (about 1½ lbs.) bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 (about 1 ¼ lbs.) chicken drumsticks
- 5 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ lb asparagus
- 2 (8.8 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise Free from Jasmine Rice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Put chicken pieces on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Brush chicken with the mixture. Roast in oven 30–40 min., until inside registers 165°F on a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop the ginger. Add ginger to the bowl of a food processor along with green onions and soy sauce. Pulse until ginger is minced. Through the feeder tube, add remaining 4 tbsp oil, and pulse until mixture is mostly smooth.
- Meanwhile, trim asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths, and wrap in a foil packet with salt and pepper. While chicken is roasting, add foil packets to the oven to cook 12 min., until tender.
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a medium bowl, combine rice and asparagus. Serve rice with chicken and ginger–green onion sauce.
- S4 Savory Sunday
- Calories 619kcal 31%
- Fat 35.0g 54%
- Saturated fat 5.7g 29%
- Carbs 51.9g 17%
- Sodium 325mg 14%
- 2.2g sugar
- 3.1g fiber
- 25.6g protein
- 108mg cholesterol