The slight bitterness of broccoli rabe adds uniqueness to this tasty hot sandwich.
- 1 cup Nature's Promise Organic Italian Pearled Farro
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Free from Boneless Pork Chops
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb broccoli rabe
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ (8 oz) ball fresh mozzarella
- 4 (6-inch) hoagie rolls
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- ½ tbsp fresh rosemary
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a multicooker or electric pressure cooker, combine farro and water. Seal and bring to high pressure. Cook, under pressure, 8 min. Allow pressure to release naturally 5 min., then switch to quick release. Drain any excess liquid.
- Slice pork chops into thin strips and toss with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Trim and roughly chop broccoli rabe.
- In a 12-inch nonstick pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add pork and cook 6 min. until fully cooked. Remove from pan and reserve. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and cook broccoli rabe 6 min., until tender. Stir in red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Set broiler to high. Thinly slice mozzarella and split hoagie rolls. Arrange rolls on a baking sheet, cut-sides up, and brush with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Divide pork, broccoli rabe, and mozzarella slices among bottoms of rolls. Broil 3‒5 min., until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, add farro to a medium bowl. Roughly chop parsley, rosemary, and thyme. Stir herbs and butter into farro until butter melts. Season with salt and pepper. Top sandwiches with tops of rolls and serve with farro.
- S4 Savory Sunday
- Calories 807kcal 40%
- Fat 32.7g 50%
- Saturated fat 11.7g 58%
- Carbs 79.8g 27%
- Sodium 631mg 26%
- 4.6g sugar
- 8.2g fiber
- 46.4g protein
- 97mg cholesterol