Here’s a great muffin hack: Use store-bought granola as a crunchy topping. Simply sprinkle on top just before popping the muffins into the oven.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup oats and honey granola
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, apple pie spice, and brown sugar until well combined. In a medium bowl, whisk the vegetable oil, egg, and milk. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring to combine. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle the granola over tops of muffins, patting to adhere. Bake 15–20 min., until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 min., then remove muffins from pan to finish cooling.
- October 2018