Barbecue potato chips are the secret crunch weapon in these sandwiches featuring pan-fried cod cakes and creamy ranch dressing.
- 1 ¼ lbs cod fillets
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¾ cup ranch dressing, divided
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup barbecue potato chips
- Cut the cod into small chunks and place in a food processor, along with bread crumbs, ¼ cup ranch dressing, salt, and pepper. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Shape cod mixture into 4 (3-inch-wide) cakes. Freeze 10 min.
- Heat a greased 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add the cod cakes and cook 3–4 min. per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Split the buns. Place the cod cakes on bottoms of buns. Divide the remaining ½ cup ranch among cod cakes. Top with the potato chips and tops of buns.
- 13 Minutes
- Thirteen Minutes
- October 2018
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- 5 ingredients