- 1 clove garlic
- 2 ½ cups finely chopped English cucumber, divided
- ¼ cup tahini
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt
- large pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 (20 oz) pkg Shady Brook Farms 97% Fat Free Ground White Turkey
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsps dry bread crumbs
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 medium pita breads with pockets, cut into halves
- olive oil for brushing
- In a food processor combine the garlic, 2 cups of cucumber, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper, and process until smooth. Mix in the remaining cucumber. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill for indirect heat at medium temperature, about 400° F.
- In a large bowl combine turkey, bell pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
- Fill pita halves with equal amounts of turkey mixture, pressing pita gently so filling is about 1/2 inch thick. Lightly brush the pita on both sides with oil.
- Grill with indirect heat, turning once, until filling feels firm when pita is pressed, about 15 minutes. Remove from grill and let stand 3 minutes.
- Cut each pita in half crosswise and serve with sauce for dipping.
Recipe provided by Shady Brook Farms®.
- Calories 589kcal 29%
- Fat 25.7g 40%
- Saturated fat 3.9g 20%
- Carbs 48.2g 16%
- Sodium 1204mg 50%
- 2.7g sugar
- 3.2g fiber
- 43.5g protein
- 78mg cholesterol