This weeknight go-to uses pantry staples like penne and tomato paste, with added freshness from cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.
- 1 (16 oz) box penne
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh basil, sliced
- Heat the broiler on high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cook the penne according to package directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and place in a medium bowl, along with 2 tbsp oil, salt, and pepper. Toss until well coated and arrange on lined baking sheet. Broil 7 min., until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add the turkey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook 5 min., until turkey is browned, breaking up turkey with back of spoon. Add the tomato paste and ¼ cup reserved cooking liquid. Cook another 2 min., until turkey is cooked through, stirring often.
- Toss cooked penne with turkey mixture and broiled tomatoes. To serve, garnish with the basil.
- Fifteen Minutes
- November 2018
- 15 Minutes