Searing the pork chops on a stovetop before finishing them off in the oven is a “cheffy” trick that ensures a well-browned crust on the outside and juicy meat on the inside
- ½ cup prepared pesto, divided
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about ½ inch thick)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs cauliflower rice
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F. To a large bowl, add ¼ cup prepared pesto
- Add the pork to bowl with pesto. Mix until well coated. Season pork with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Cook pork chops 2–3 min. per side, until golden brown. Place in the oven and bake 8–10 min., until an instant read thermometer reads 145°F.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cauliflower with 2 tbsp water and butter. Cover and microwave 4 min., until tender.
- Season cauliflower with salt. Mash until mostly smooth. Serve pork over cauliflower and top with remaining ¼ cup pesto.
- take 5
- S9 2018
- Calories 462kcal 23%
- Fat 34.9g 54%
- Saturated fat 10.4g 52%
- Carbs 8.9g 3%
- Sodium 725mg 30%
- 4.0g sugar
- 4.4g fiber
- 29.3g protein
- 107mg cholesterol