A tasty mixture of soy sauce, fresh ginger, and garlic lends loads of flavor to this budget cut of chicken, while a multi-cooker gets it on the table fast.
- 1 (1 inch) chunk fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- ½ (14 oz) box boil-in-bag jasmine rice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Thinly slice the ginger and chop the garlic. Add both to a large multi-cooker or electric pressure cooker, along with the soy sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar. Remove skin from the chicken and add to multi-cooker. Stir until chicken is well coated.
- Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 10 min. Let pressure release naturally for 5 min. and then press quick-release button.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions. Serve chicken over rice drizzled with some of the cooking liquid. Garnish with the green onions.
To remove the chicken skin easily, grip it with a paper towel and pull firmly.
- December 2018
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- Calories 369kcal 18%
- Fat 4.5g 7%
- Saturated fat 1.3g 7%
- Carbs 51.4g 17%
- Sodium 826mg 34%
- 9.3g sugar
- 0.4g fiber
- 29.3g protein
- 0mg cholesterol