Featuring gingersnaps, sweet jam, fresh berries, and a vanilla pudding and cream cheese custard, this trifle-meets-icebox cake is a festive centerpiece dessert for the holidays.
- ¾ (16 oz) box gingersnaps
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups vanilla pudding
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 8- 10 gingerbread trees
- 3 (6 oz) containers raspberries
- 2 (6 oz) containers blueberries
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2- 3 gingerbread men
- Roughly break up the gingersnaps and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the pudding and beat until combined and smooth.
- In a medium (3- to 4-qt) trifle dish, arrange half of gingersnaps. Top with half of cream cheese mixture, smoothing in even layer. Press the gingerbread trees up against sides of trifle dish. Add 2-inch layer of raspberries and blueberries, reserving some for garnish.
- Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Add the jam, spreading in even layer. Top with remaining gingersnaps. Spread the whipped topping over gingersnaps.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to overnight. When ready to serve, decorate top with reserved berries and the gingerbread men.
- December 2018