Eggs are a great protein source for those on a budget and those looking to curb their meat intake. Bell peppers and green onions lend color and freshness.
- ¾ (14 oz) pkg boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 large eggs
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (10 oz) bag frozen peas, thawed
- Prepare the rice according to package’s stovetop directions. Seed and finely chop the bell pepper. Finely chop the green onions and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, ginger, and turmeric. Season with salt.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium. Add the egg mixture and cook 3–4 min., until mostly set, stirring often. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- To same skillet, add the oil and increase heat to medium-high. Add bell pepper, green onions, and garlic. Cook 5–7 min., until golden, stirring often. Add the peas and cook 2 min., until warm.
- Add the cooked rice and eggs. Cook 1 min., stirring to break up any clumps. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Budget Friendly
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals
- January 2021