Olives and chickpeas deliver Mediterranean flair to this mayo-free tuna salad that comes together in just 15 min., making it perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small carrot
- ¼ small red onion
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, drained
- 2 (5 oz) cans Nature's Promise Free from Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1 (15.5 oz) no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Tear the romaine leaves into bite-size pieces. Divide among 4 plates.
- Chop the tomatoes. Finely chop the carrot, red onion, and olives. Drain the tuna.
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, carrot, red onion, olives, tuna, chickpeas, oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, divide tuna mixture among plates of romaine.
- Guiding Stars
- January 2019