A creamy cucumber-yogurt sauce and marinated chicken are stuffed into pitas for a hearty lunch or quick dinner in under 30 minutes.
- 2 (8 oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7 tbsp fat-free Italian dressing, divided
- 3 mini cucumbers
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ small red onion
- 2 plum tomatoes
- cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat pita pockets
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 thin cutlets. In a large bowl, toss with ¼ cup (4 tbsp) Italian dressing until well coated. Refrigerate 15 min.
- Meanwhile, use a box grater to coarsely grate the cucumbers into a medium bowl. Stir in the yogurt and remaining 3 tbsp Italian dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Thinly slice the red onion and tomatoes.
- Coat a large grill pan with cooking spray. Heat on medium-high. Add chicken to pan and cook 4–5 min. per side, until cooked through.
- Lightly toast the pitas. Spread the cucumber-yogurt sauce inside the pitas. Chop the chicken and add to pitas, along with tomatoes, romaine, and red onion.
- Guiding Stars
- January 2019