These fast-cooking Japanese buckwheat noodles are your new best friend when it comes to weeknight dinners. Small but mighty shiitake mushrooms lend mega flavor.
- 1 (8.8 oz pkg 100% whole buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 (3.5 oz) pkgs shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ⅓ cup mirin
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 green onions
- Cook the soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and divide among 4 bowls.
- Meanwhile, stem and slice the mushrooms. In a large pot, heat the broth and mushrooms to a simmer on medium-high. Stir in the spinach, mirin, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Simmer 2–3 min., until mushrooms are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the green onions. Ladle broth mixture over noodles and garnish with green onions.
- 15 min
- S1 2019
- Calories 354kcal 18%
- Fat 5.0g 8%
- Saturated fat 0.6g 3%
- Carbs 68.0g 23%
- Sodium 652mg 27%
- 9.0g sugar
- 6.0g fiber
- 8.0g protein
- 0mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?