Crunchy lettuce cups become edible vessels for this hands-on, Middle Eastern-inspired supper that features couscous, zucchini, and fresh mint.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1 cup dry couscous
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Lean Ground Beef
- 1 (0.13 oz) pkg Moroccan ras el hanout seasoning
- Coarsely grate the zucchini on a box grater. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the onions, carrots, and zucchini. Cook 10 min., until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to package directions. Chop the mint. Separate lettuce leaves.
- Increase skillet heat to medium-high. To skillet, add the beef, ras el hanout seasoning, and ¼ cup water. Cook 6–7 min., until beef is cooked, breaking up with back of spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in mint and cooked couscous. Serve mixture in lettuce leaves.
- guiding star
- January 2021