This Indian-inspired curry is vegan and can be whipped together with some pantry items you should always have on hand, such as beans, nuts, and rice.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ cup roasted, salted cashews
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 (13.6 oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the cauliflower and spread out in single layer. Season with salt. Cook 5–6 min., until browned in spots, stirring once halfway through.
- Thinly slice the onion. Transfer cauliflower to a bowl. To same skillet, add onion and curry powder. Cook 8 min., until onion is golden brown, stirring often. Coarsely chop the cashews and cilantro.
- Into skillet, stir the coconut milk, chickpeas, and cauliflower. Heat to a simmer and cook 5 min., until cauliflower is tender, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice. Garnish with the cashews and cilantro.
Add a squeeze of lime for a perky pop of acidity.
- Budget Friendly
- guiding star
- $10 Meals
- February 2019