Anchovies bring extra flavor and depth to this simple weeknight pasta dinner featuring sweet peas and nutrient-packed broccoli.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- ½ (16 oz) pkg frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (2 oz) can anchovy fillets in olive oil (do not drain)
- ¾ cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
- ½ oz shaved Parmesan (optional)
- Cook the penne according to package directions. Add the broccoli and peas to the boiling water for the last 2 min. Drain in a colander. Finely chop the garlic.
- Meanwhile, to a 12-inch skillet, add the anchovies and their oil. Cook on medium-high 3 min., mashing anchovies with a spatula into a paste. Add garlic and cook 1 min., stirring often. Add the bread crumbs. Cook 2 min., until crumbs are golden, stirring constantly.
- Add penne and vegetables to the skillet and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the Parmesan, if desired.
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- guiding star
- February 2019