This appetizer is great for watching the game with friends or as a movie-night snack. Make them up to a day ahead and reheat in a 375°F oven until hot.
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 link Nature's Promise Free from Chicken Sausage with Garlic and Cheese
- ¼ cup diced peppers
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into quarters and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 8 min., until tender. Uncover and let cool.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil and coat with the cooking spray. In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Remove the sausage from its casing and add to skillet. Cook 3 min., until browned, breaking up with back of a spoon. Add the peppers and carrots. Cook 5 min., until vegetables are tender, stirring often. Season with salt.
- With spoon, scrape out the insides of potatoes into a bowl, leaving ¼-inch-thick shells. Arrange skins on baking sheet and season with salt. Mash ⅔ cup of scraped potato into sausage mixture.
- Heat broiler on high. Fill potato skins with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and coat tops with cooking spray. Broil 2–3 min., until cheese has melted and tops brown slightly.
Serve with a dollop of light sour cream for some tang.
- In Season
- February 2019
- Calories 151kcal 8%
- Fat 4.5g 7%
- Saturated fat 1.5g 7%
- Carbs 22.8g 8%
- Sodium 114mg 5%
- 1.9g sugar
- 3.5g fiber
- 5.5g protein
- 10mg cholesterol