Pecans bring unexpected crunch to this sandwich that contrasts tart dried tomatoes with creamy goat cheese.
- 4 (about 0.75 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and patted dry
- 3 tbsp pecans
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 3 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes. Coarsely chop the pecans.
- Spread the mayonnaise on 1 side of each bread slice. Arrange bread mayonnaise-sides down. Crumble the goat cheese on 2 pieces of bread. Sprinkle the Parmesan over goat cheese. Add pecans and sun-dried tomato slices. Top with other 2 slices of bread, mayonnaise-sides out.
- Heat a nonstick 12-inch skillet on medium-low. Add the sandwiches to pan and cook 3–4 min. per side, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Goat cheese with herbs is one easy way to add flourish.
- S2 2019
- Calories 463kcal 23%
- Fat 24.7g 38%
- Saturated fat 8.6g 43%
- Carbs 40.8g 14%
- Sodium 647mg 27%
- 6.5g sugar
- 7.6g fiber
- 21.2g protein
- 24mg cholesterol